Steven Medendorp practices primarily in areas of construction law, real estate law and general commercial litigation. He has represented a wide array of clients including: owners, governmental entities, general contractors, insurance companies, sureties, design professionals, home builders, subcontractors, utility companies and material suppliers.
Steven also has experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating highly technical and custom tailored construction and design contracts as well as real estate contracts for a variety of different types of projects or transactions. He has substantial experience in these areas as a lawyer, developer and business owner.
Prior to practicing law, Steven worked in the industrial construction industry and served as corporate counsel and chief operating officer for a residential real estate brokerage, lending company, property management company and title insurance company. He continues to maintain his real estate brokers license and currently serves on the law committee for the Greater Tampa Association of Realtors.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate Litigation, Title Insurance Litigation, and Construction Litigation
- Florida State University, J.D., 2003
- Florida State University, M.B.A., 2003
- Georgia Southern University, B.S., 1997
- Bricklemyer Smolker & Bolves, P.A., Tampa Florida, Associate/Senior Associate, 2007-2013
- The Vestor Group, Sarasota, Florida, Corporate General Counsel, Chief Operating Officer, 2004-2007
- Gurley Dramis Lazo, P.A., Sarasota, Florida, Associate, 2003-2004
- Kamtech Construction Company, Atlanta, Georgia, Various Management Positions, 1990-2001 (intermittently)
Professional & Community Affiliations
- The Florida Bar
- The American Bar Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- National Association of Realtors
- Florida Association of Realtors
- Greater Tampa Association of Realtors
- Florida Bar – 2003 – Active
- Florida Real estate Brokers – 2005 – Active
- Florida Title Examiners License – 2004 – 2007
- Florida Super Lawyer Magazine – Rising Star 2010