Ed Pantaleon, an “AV” rated attorney, has practiced law throughout the State of Florida since 1986. For the past 22 years, Ed has specialized in eminent domain, with a strong emphasis on valuation, inverse condemnation and property rights litigation. He also practices in the area of real estate and commercial litigation.
Ed has extensive experience representing both private and public sectors in the State of Florida. He has litigated jury and non-jury cases involving eminent domain, inverse condemnation, sovereignty submerged lands, ordinary high water line disputes, coastal construction control setbacks, civil forfeitures. Representative clients in eminent domain, inverse condemnation and property rights cases include both private and public condemning authorities, landlords and tenants, developers, small business owners, residential owners, homeowners’ associations, privately held corporations and publicly traded corporations. Ed has an extensive background in right of way acquisitions and the condemnation of roads and highways, transmission lines and natural gas pipelines. Since 1993, Ed has been responsible for the management, negotiation and litigation of thousands of tracts of land needed for natural gas pipelines throughout Florida.
Areas of Practice
- Eminent Domain, Property Rights, Commercial Litigation
- Florida State University, 1981, B.S.
- Cumberland Law School, 1985, Juris Doctorate
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Bar Association, Legislative Subcommittee for the Committee on Condemnation, Zoning and Land Use, Past-Chairman
- The Florida Bar, Eminent Domain Committee
- Orange County Bar Association
- Lake County Bar Association
Presentations and Speeches
- FEPA Conference: Federal Preemption and the Pitfalls under the Public Records Law in Florida
- Speaker at Eminent Domain Conferences and Seminars throughout the State of Florida
Bar and Court Admissions
- Florida Supreme Court and Trial Courts
- Division of Administrative Hearings (DOAH)
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida