Doug Manson has more than 25 years experience representing private sector and governments in water, environmental, administrative and governmental law. Named as one of Florida Trend’s Legal Elite, Doug has an AV Rating by Martindale-Hubbell.
Doug has successfully represented a broad range of clients and understands the complexities of technical evidence like hydrogeology and wetland biology as well as modeling and the other disciplines needed in these matters.
Doug has represented a myriad of public supply, industry, business and agricultural clients seeking regulatory authorization for their operations. His other specialties within environmental law include water use and surface water permitting, sovereignty of submerged land, ordinary high water line issues, and regulatory compliance and enforcement issues.
Not only has Doug conducted the Florida Bar Water Law Seminar, he also has presented to the American Water Resources Association on Water Use and Water Rights, the Water Management Institute’s Board of Directors, the Hillsborough County Agriculture Economic Development Council, and the Hillsborough County Bar Association, among others.
Areas of Practice
- Water, Environmental, Administrative and Governmental Law
- Government affairs
- Florida State University, J.D., 1985
- Florida State University, B.S, 1981
Florida Bar Certifications
- State and Federal Government and Administrative Practice Board Certification
Publications & Presentaions
- Florida Bar Water Law Seminar
- CLE International on Water Supply Authority Developments
- American Water Resources Association on Water Use and Water Rights
- Florida Chamber’s Environmental Permitting Short Course on Alternative Water Supplies
- Water Management Institute on Water for Sale
- Hillsborough County Bar Association on Ethics and Professional Courtesy in Administrative Hearings
- Florida Section: American Water Works Association on Integrated Water Resource Approach
- Florida Section: American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers, Principles and Practice of Engineering Laws and Rules Review.
Professional Associations, Appointments and Distinctions
- Florida Trend’s Legal Elite
- AV Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- American Water Works Association
- American Water Resource Association
- Water Management Institute (Board of Directors)
- The Florida Bar (Member sections on Administrative law; Environmental and Land Use law)
- Hillsborough County Agriculture Economic Development Council
- Hillsborough County Bar Association